As part of the Uniting Church response to recent events, Uniting Vic/Tas has launched a Uniting Bushfire Appeal. You can find the appeal at https://www.vt.uniting.org/uniting-vic-tas-2020-bushfire-appeal/
Uniting Vic/Tas is already engaged in many areas where the bushfires have struck and will continue be part of the response and recovery effort for the months ahead. To help meet gaps already identified and to enable longer term relief and recovery they have launched the appeal.
Brownyn Pike CEO of Uniting Vic/Tas said “As these local needs will be very different across the fire-affected areas and will continue to change, we are encouraging people to donate money that we can then use to quickly respond to whatever is needed.
The impact of these bushfires and the devastation they have caused will be felt in these communities for years. Uniting will be working locally with the community and closely with congregations and presbyteries in fire-affected areas to understand how best to serve these communities.”
- A reminder that the church office will be closed until Tuesday 28 January – emails and phone messages will be monitored daily.
- Don’t forget the Back to School and Backpack Blessing on Sunday 26 January at 10am.
- Sunday morning worship will be a single service at 10:00am each week until the end of January 2020.
- Watch this space for news about Sunday 4:30pm and 5:30pm activities in 2020.
- Indonesian fellowship is in recess and will recommence in 2020.
- Chinese fellowship is in recess and will recommence in March 2020.