To minister to senior members of the congregation in spiritual, pastoral, social and supportive ways, and to the wider community through links with retirement villages, hostels and nursing homes; to offer fellowship in an inclusive way across the GWUC community.
Senior services with Holy Communion, quarterly, on Sunday at 2.30pm, followed by afternoon tea
Regular devotions at 8-10 age care facilities, including nursing homes, hostels and retirement villages.
Providing Communion, as required, to individuals at home or in hospital.
Contact by phone or visit to home or hospital.
Monthly afternoon tea group.
Morning/afternoon tea at retirement villages for GWUC members.
Social and supportive
Regular luncheons for those living alone
1 or 2 seminars for seniors each year on topics such as:
- Financial aspects of future care needs, including Centrelink requirements;
- Keeping healthy and eating well;
- Social services available in the community;
- Legal matters, eg wills, power of attorney;
- Home finances, eg budgeting
- Pre-planning a funeral;
- Coping with loss and grief