Children & Families Ministry
Glen Waverley Uniting Church is a faith community where families can develop intergenerational relationships and explore their faith in a safe environment!
The family is the ﬁrst place that children learn about faith, so at Glen Waverley Uniting
Church we provide;
– a safe environment where all people are accepted for who they are,
– opportunities for families to be able to worship together,
– safe places for children and adults to ask questions and explore issues of faith,
– opportunities for life-long friendships to develop across generations,
– opportunities and encouragement for families to have a faith of action.
All our staff and volunteers who work with children have a current Working with Children Check.
A pre-youth group for children in grade 4, 5 and 6. Uthies meet fortnightly during school terms from 5.30pm until 7pm. Some of the fun we have are photo scavenger hunts, camp out night, movies, X Factor, Masterchef challenge, giant board games, Cluedo Mystery Night, and so much more! !
Each session is $2 and dinner is provided. !
We have Playgroups
4.30pm Faith Experience
At our 4.30pm faith experience we understand the need for parents to have opportunities to ask questions and explore their faith with others and for children to explore faith in age appropriate ways, as well as for families to explore faith together.
Keeping this in mind, we provide:
- opportunities for children from 2 years old up to grade 6 to explore the Christian faith through stories, questioning, craft and creativity.
- opportunities for parents to explore Biblical stories and issues related to being a person of faith in the 21st century through discussion.
- opportunities for families to explore the stories of our faith together.
We have a shared meal together at 6pm, allowing for friendships to develop in a relaxed environment.
9.15am Kids Faith Development
It is important for families to have the opportunity to worship together. During the 9.15am worship we provide opportunities for children to explore the Christian faith through stories, questioning, craft and creativity. We have K.A.T (Kids Activity Time) for children from 4 year old kinder up to grade 3 and D.O.G (Discoveries Of God) for children from grade 4 up to year 8. Children spend the ﬁrst 15 to 20 minutes in the worship centre and then go out with leaders. They are collected after worship from the activity rooms.